November 5, 2008

Architecture and inspiration

detail of column near Vizcaya mansion/Miami
saw this one while waiting for the bus to come..

though more a lover of old and aged buildings, I can see the beauty of this

what would it be like, to live and work in such a cold and efficient world, I wonder??
What person would I be?

They built this city of concrete, glass and steel, without aged and coloured buildings

into this magnificent skyline!
Detail van een pilaar bij Vizcaya mansion/Miami
*
dit putdeksel zag ik terwijl we op de bus wachtten
*
hoewel ik meer van oude gebouwen houd, vind ik dit toch mooi
*
'hoe zou het zijn om in deze koude, efficiente wereld te wonen en werken?' vraag ik me af
wat voor mens zou ik dan zijn?
*
zij bouwden deze stad van beton, glas en staal, zonder oude en verweerde gebouwen
*
heeft het tot deze magnifieke skyline geleid!

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Regina! I am now beyond OLD but feeling very happy about the election, as you know. What were you doing in Fla? I'll have to read the rest of your blog to find out.
If you don't mind, I would love to make a Thermofax screen of your pods. If I can't have the real thing, I can at least have a screen. Is that ok?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin