This picture shows a most wonderful sunset over the Allegheny reservoir on one of our last days in the National Forest in Pennsylvania. And here I am, with my head full of impressions and memories...
It has been such a great trip!!
I saw lots of fireflies for the first time ever, heard the mysterious call of a loon at one of the many lakes where we camped, visited the Harley Davidson museum in Milwaukee, enjoyed a great bluesfestival in Chicago etc. etc. Of course I took pictures of these and they will certainly appear on my blog, one of these days, but not today, not yet. Cause when we arrived on the airport of our island there was a very big surprise for me: two of my kids had come over from Holland and a friend joined them as of yesterday, so our house is full and so is our agenda! I'm afraid posting on my blog has to wait some more, at least regular posting.
Today I went geocaching with my son, this afternoon we went to our favorite beach and of course there is more cooking, washing etc., like when they were still living at home. I feel so happy with these young folks around me!!
Passion series 1
During our trip I managed to make 35 collages. As soon as we arrived in the States I bought me a sketchbook and a gluestick, I had with me a pencil and scissors and that was it. How refreshing it was to work with these limited materials, I enjoyed the simply making of a collage at the end of a busy travel-day. Me sitting at the table at our campsite, husband making a campfire, both doing what we like to do, simple things, happiness!!
Thank you all very much for your patience, I am so grateful for your ongoing visits and comments, thank you!

2 comments:
Wonderful vacation and now continues at home with family...a memorable summer for sure!
If this photo were a painting, I would think it was trite and couldn't be real. But it IS real - and it is beautiful and serene. Thank you for sharing it.
sending you a hug,
Rayna
Post a Comment