November 16, 2010

Our island

today I had to drive my car a lot and because of the congested roads there was plenty room for making pics ;-)

view on our neigbouring islands St. Eustatius and St. Kitts, seen from the 'over the hill road', the image is clickable
one of the many, many little restaurants (it is said we have over 350 restaurants on the island). It may not look very fancy, but everything looks better when the evening has come and the red lights along the roof will give the business a cozy feeling...

What to say?
Infrastructure is a big problem on our little and I dare say even poor island,
it is all about priority I guess

idem dito. Everyday reality, everyday nuisance, but always colourful, that is Sint Maarten, today, ever...

2 comments:

Rayna said...

I always love the pictures of the real part of the island, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the tour. I'm betting that most of those 350 little restaurants are really good!

Ronald said...

Nice pics,
Some restaurants even haven't got a building at all and have names like 'Johnny B under the tree'. But the food tastes excellent, sweet memories ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin