May 7, 2011

Inspired by this

I have made a new design for some quilts, like the ones I recently finished. The colours are more natural this time and when I was auditioning fabrics for them, I came across this long time favorite. Once bought as a skirt in a thriftstore, I made it into wide shorts and I wore these during quite some years during summer. The fabric after ca. 15 years is still in a very good condition and both sides are equally beautiful. At that time I did not have any experience with layering and I still was making traditional quilts fervently. Yet the artistic quality of this fabric must have appealed to me already, don't you think?




Another thing: the etnic vase is another example how I already could have guessed (had I known it at that time) in which direction my art was to develop... Theire resemblance is striking, the colours, the layering; these are treasures for me, maybe worthless for others.



So happy to look at the world with an artist's eye!


Have a great weekend


Regina

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin