June 13, 2011

Art on the road 1

Seen in a galary in Glenn Arbor, MI, one year ago



These past weeks have been very hot and humid on the isle of St. Maarten. And I don't

know about you, but this weather condition is not my favorite for making art, or at least being active in the studio. I tried to start sewing clothes, but cannot do that without my ceiling fan on, and then all the patterns are flying around! Working on the veranda is a problem also because


of the many, many mosquito's. So I sit at my computer in our airconditioned office and/or read library books in our bedroom, which is not too bad...



My goal in the art field is making enough new work for the annual Art in the Park that's being organized in February and since I already made 11 new art quilts I can take it slowly with that.

I consider this charging time, charging for traveling, researching, practising Photoshop and then in a short time we will be traveling again in our motorhome, part 3 of our USA trip that will lead us to the east coast of the country.


The picture above I rediscovered on my computer yesterday, while traveling I make photographs of every piece of art I discover, in an ongoing attempt to build up a library of inspiration. I will show more of these, this one I considered a perfect beginning,



Thanks for visiting,


Regina

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin