Hi!
Only now, after having lived in Spain for a year, I become aware how my life is being influenced by the colors that surround me.
I chose the above collage that I made about a year ago. It already shows a change, from the abundant tropical colors of the Caribbean, to the earth tones that are dominating here in our new place of living...... but this collage still has a little turquoise of the sea in it.
Apart from the flowers and plants that are in full bloom during the hot summer months, the neutrals and quiet colors are more present here. Whereas in the Caribbean one can see people in clothes that are really clashing as far as color is regarded, Spanish people are less abundant in their outfit. Of course there is some, especially in summer, but now it is autumn here and most tourists have gone back to where they live, it is neutral what one sees. Even the Mediterranean Sea seems to change everyday from blue to grey to, sometimes this time of the year, a timid kind of turquoise and all the teal colors in between. I look forward to how my art will develop once I get back to working on that again...!
On another note:: renovations are going steady. The terracotta floor will be installed next week, the new windows and kitchen the week thereafter, fingers crossing, since making appointments and a planning does not always seem to work out properly here. We try to be patient, in the end everything will be all right...
But the rooms are almost ready, and so is my studio. I also look forward to unpack the many boxes with my materials. In the meantime we enjoy the still lovely weather, even the more autumn like evenings. In a month it will be cold and by then we hope our solar powered under floor heating is up and running.
Next time I will show pictures of the floor. Now it is only blank, light grey spaces, so a little contrast will add to it.
Thanks for reading, enjoy the weekend!
Regina

1 comment:
Hi mom,
I'm curious about the floor you've chosen. But i'm pretty sure the color will be nice and warm!
Ronald
Post a Comment