Hi there,
Long time no post...
We have been and still are so busy to turn the interior of our home as you can see below
into a more modern and convenient state!
It took us lots of breaking, the floor to begin with, the chimney...removing all the debris and dust,
removing all the furniture that was left behind
decide what was to be kept (the leather seat and sofa are being stocked in the garage right now), removing old layers of paint from doors and doorways, ceilings and walls,
The house has been a holiday retreat for only a few months a year, so it was in serious need for adaptation for our present day lifestyle... new electricity cables, waterpipes and the like
by now the tubes for the underfloor heating have been laid, the new concrete floor is covering this all. Terracotta tiles have been carefully chosen (difficult!)and are ready to be positioned on the entire upper floor. New aluminium windows and doors will arrive the next week. The walls will be finished in their final colour by then (most walls light and some a darker kind of grey). We are working from early in the morning till the evening and every night I am so happy that another day is over, that we are getting nearer to our goal.
From the start I knew this was going to be a tough journey, but like before this seems to be worse than we experienced in earlier renovations. At the same time I know that in a few months the worst will be over and we will enjoy a beautiful and very comfortable house for hopefully years to come!
Thanks for your visit, your patience also, for I am sure you understand that at the moment no artwork is being created here. Though I love to paint, it is the more inartistic kind that is being practiced by me at the moment. Please, bear with me...
Regina




2 comments:
Heel veel werk, maar zo te zien wordt het prachtig. Succes.
Amazing project and I will be happy to see the reveal photos. This is high art...liveable art...enjoy!
Post a Comment