March 5, 2014

Our Jacaranda tree

 
 
When we bought our house in Spain one year ago, we were very surprised that one of the trees in the garden appeared to be a Jacaranda tree. Allthough there were not many, the lovely purple flowers made me quite happy. When autumn came, I collected the pods and made this picture tryptich. Like the pods of the tropical flamboyant tree, the shells are of a hard, wooden material.
 
 
When we spotted the neighbors pruning their tree, we did ours too, for we did not have any experience with this kind of tree nor did we live before in this mediterranean climate...
 
Until today it looked like our tree had not survived this operation, for the branches are still completely bare despite the soft winter and many other trees that have already blossomed. But, upon a very close look, I discovered one (ONE) tiny pair of leaves and maybe it will have a happy end.
 
Though this Jacaranda is growing on the very spot of our future pool, I will do my utmost to get it back in a healthy shape, starting with watering as of tomorrow!
 
That's the latest, I will get back with a renovation update one of these days.
Have a great evening!
 
Regina
 


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin