May 28, 2014

Back, finally

Hi!
 
I have been away far too long, I know that...
What exactly was the reason for this period of silence, I don't know myself. I had the time to blog, but preferred not to, did not know for the very first time what to write about. Can you imagine?
 
So, what else did I do? Help finishing our renovation, painting doorknobs, sewing curtains and reading, lots of that too.
Since a few days I am feeling more energized and I slowly feel the inspiration get back to my life. I feel it on my daily walking tour, when I see the flowers and grasses, while crossing the vineyards near our village. I feel it when I walk the rocky path that runs beside the sea, all that natural beauty seems to help and direct me back to creativity.
 
 
 
This piece of textile is from a book about Indian decoration
I am planning to make some brightly coloured cushions for our naya (veranda) and this style attracts me at the moment, not for the first time though...
This time I won't make use of shishas, but the cowrie shells will make a nice accent border on these pillows.
 
 
For the cowrie shells I had to visit an unusal place: the thriftstore. We have three of them in our village and this morning I was lucky too find two necklaces that offer these shells!
 
 
So my next job will be to deconstruct the necklaces and then the creativity can take place. Fabrics are neatly stacked in piles, so it should not be too long before I can show the results.
 
Till next time, thanks for your patience!
 
Regina

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin