June 9, 2014

Recycling

(images are clickable)
 
Last week I found a necklace at the charity shop in our village. I saw possibilities in the disc...

 
as I prefered a more reddish copper tone to the yellow brass, I decided to paint the disc with acrylic. But first I used black, to emphasize the details. Then the dismantling of the old necklace began. Over the years I have gathered many, many beads and that came in handy when I made them into a new necklace, the one in the last picture:
 
 
Sometimes I still feel like a little girl, so happy with a new adornment!
 
Do you recognize this feeling? Let me know if so...
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Regina
 
 


3 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love it. What a lovely transformation!

iHanna said...

Wow, cool necklace for sure. And yes, I get giddy like a little girl when I create something new and surprising. :-)

Regina Piroska (Gina) said...

Hello my namesake ... its that interim thing of waiting waiting for boxes to be unpacked - i understand oh so well ...

the necklace came up a treat - loved the finish on it.... LOVE the little gift of the echidna? porcupine perhaps ... so lovely ...nice to enjoy it with you and i do look forward to seeing how the dye experiment comes out.

am traipsing through your pages just to catch up ... its been a while (while i wait for studio to be finished but i am unpacking boxes (finally)!!!)

i love that you moved to spain .... warm regards >>> Gina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin