Because the monthly subject 'Not your normal flower' was ready, I took two unused canvases to last week's painting session
My mood was restless, I had not been willing to look extensively for a new subject nor did I want to spend too much time thinking how to start...
I set up my easel and just flung some colors down on both canvases. Spreading it out with a palette knife and working in rectangles and squares (I really don't know why)
Only recently have I started to use just red, yellow; blue, plus black and white of course. In my box there are the most beautiful colors that are ready to use, but I want to learn!
The above result is horrible in my opinion, I especially hated the color green and the yellow on the right top corner
The above result is horrible in my opinion, I especially hated the color green and the yellow on the right top corner
so after watching some Youtube lessons of Jane Davies, I followed her instructions of mixing your own Celadon color
I put this on the places I did not like...
on the second canvas the same green, though it did not disturb me in the same way as the bigger painting
These are the results today. And like so often I do not know how to proceed. So I guess I leave them sitting in my studio and have a look at it every now and then until an 'Aha' brilliant idea comes up.
Painting is not easy, indeed...
Thanks for visiting!
Regina




1 comment:
Regina, I love your friendly colours, the cards with leaves too.
Best whishes for you and your ART.
Sigrid
Post a Comment