December 12, 2008

I can't stop!!

Yesterday I stored away all the fabrics, paints, dyes and papers
that were laying all over my studio and cleaned the room...

We will leave for our vacation in Holland in a few days
and since there will be guests in our home I want to leave it clean and cozy.

But then I came upon this pillow on one of my favorite blogs
and also found this tutorial at the very right
moment (isn't blogland fantastic, thanks Kathy and Linda!) and I simply had to make one myself!!
So (sigh) out came the fabric, the batting and the sewing machine and the first one in this style has just been finished. I like it a lot! Maybe I even can me make another one before I leave..
Have a wonderful weekend!

Gisteren had ik alle lappen, verf en papier die her en der in mijn werkkamer
lagen, opgeruimd en daarna schoongemaakt...

Over enkele dagen vertrekken we voor vakantie naar Nederland en in ons huis komen gasten, dus ik wil het schoon en gezellig achterlaten.

Maar toen kwam ik dit kussen tegen op een van mijn favoriete blogs en vond ook nog deze uitleg op het juiste moment (is blogland niet fantastisch, dank je wel Kathy en Linda) en ik moest er gewoon een maken!!
Dus (zucht) weer de lappen, vulling en naaimachine te voorschijn gehaald en ik heb nr. 1 net klaar, ik vind hem erg mooi. Misschien kan ik er nog net een bijmaken voor ik vertrek..
Een mooi weekend gewenst!

2 comments:

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

This is gorgeous Regina, I really LOVE the mixed fabric binding. I have a bag full of all my leftover binding scraps, this is just the idea I was looking for.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

This is beautiful, Regina! I'm glad my little binding demo on my blog helped. Love your delicate quilting lines, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin