After our stay in the Olympic National Forest it was time to pick up our son at the airport of Tacoma, where he had flown in from Europe. The three of us had decided that the first thing to do after entering Canada was a visit to Vancouver. We had heard very positive things about this town so were very curious. Visiting a big city with a camper is not really our thing, so we found a campground in one of the suburbs and could easily go downtown with the Skytrain.
View from historic Gastown towards the Vancouver railways and harbour
'my' men trying to understand the technique behind the Steamclock in Gastown
as you may know I love murals, so this one I had to capture... it is of the Vancouver Gastown Fire Department
entering Chinatownalways good for simple beauty
Oh, I loved these guys!
project-developers and has been turned into a wonderful, friendly neighborhood chockfull of (Inuit) galleries, shops and restaurants. And: flowerbaskets galore!






1 comment:
We love Vancouver - we visit a few times a year. Its such an international city - people from all over the world call it home.
Post a Comment