Wabi-Sabi moon
Yesterday after dinner, it was about six o'clock in the evening, this glimpse of the moon (second picture) was visible above the hills where we live. Some years ago I could follow the rising moon in all its glory, but since then an ugly house (I know, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but still..) has been built right in front of our plot and the pleasure of seeing the moon has deminished somewhat.Despite this, I usually get excited when it is full moon, so yesterday the camera came out to document this process.. I should have used a tripoid, should have changed the settings of our simple point and shoot camera, I am a lazy one at that...
These two pictures I have chosen, also for another reason. While reading lots of wonderful blogs regularly I sometimes come across the term Wabi-Sabi. Today I finally googled it and a whole world opened up to me, so much to learn about this interesting approach of life, art, photography etc!
All this abundance in my digital collages simply does not fit. But on the other hand: I am very much attracted to old, weathered, torn and rusty, oh, and simplicity, so my wabi sabi side must be there already. We'll see how this developes, this competition between colorful, much visual activity, and the simple beauty of old and worn.
Wabi-Sabi
Have a very good Tuesday

1 comment:
Hi Regina,
I like the moon image, I am not familiar (yet) with Wabi-Sabi but I'm very interested. ALso, I have send you a "Best Blog" award, come over and read all about it.
Post a Comment