November 6, 2009

Thanks so much!





Jane Royal of Painted Hearts Studio has honored me with a Best Blog Award!
Though I am aware it has been forwarded to lots of bloggers before in the past,
I so much appreciate this gesture of online friendship

Thanks so much Jane, for the award and your ongoing support on my blog!

Go and have a look at her blog, you will be amazed of her watercolour works...
***
Upon receiving this award, I cannot help looking back at the very beginning of my blog and how my life has changed ever since. For quite some time I had my doubts whether I would be able to blog, would have enough to write about as my life here on this so very tiny island is not exactly exciting. That is, if you come from a bigger land (Holland is huge in comparison, can you imagine?) and are not a part of the working and/or artistic society, the latter hardly existing.

In the artistic/creative field I felt very lonely and this has been my big urge to start blogging myself. Quite a confession, is not it?!

Never I could have guessed to meet so many fantastic people and art online.
For this I will forever be grateful.
My life at present feels better than at the start of my blog. I now have a twofolded life (without being shizophrenic, don't worry :)) one where I live and try and manage more and more to be happy in, despite the hot climate and the limitations, and one online, where I have found and keep discovering a community of kindred spirits and friends.

Thank you all out there, thank you!

I have checked with Jane about the 'rules' of the award, about passing it on in return etc. Fortunately she assured me that there is no obligation at all. From the above you may have guessed that I consider all bloggers that have added to my artistic and/or spiritual well-being worth receiving the award, so I pass it on to you, you know who you are, don't you?

And for once, to support this rather personal post, I show some images of our tropical home, the house where we live, from where I love to communicate with the 'rest of the world'

Wishing you a wonderful and creative weekend!!

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Your home is amazing....paradise! Congratulations on your award and I look forward to more blog posts from you!

Rayna said...

Happy blogging, Regina - and thanks for your birthday wishes. I agree that having a blog is a window to the world of artists and kindred spirits out there. Congrats on the award -- how nice that it doesn't carry any obligations!
Keep writing this beautiful blog, which is indeed interesting. Someday I'd love to hear the story of how you came to live there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin