This is where we live. Our house has been designed and built by a Canadian architect about ten years ago. What I loved from the first time that I saw it, was the tropical style. Believe me, you will only find a few of these houses here on Sint Maarten. Most of the houses are made of concrete, lots of it. Apparently houses in this plantation style can be seen more frequent on islands like eg. Jamaica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, thus the architect told us. On the first floor are the bedrooms and bathrooms, the complete upper part is our living, my studio and the veranda.Why am I suddenly writing about our house?
Well, the veranda needed new painting, so yesterday we have been sanding all day and from today on the painting job will start. It will take a few days before everything is done, so maybe (possibly) I don't have much energy left to blog.
Happy Easter to all of you!
4 comments:
your home is just gorgeous! take your time and blog when you feel like it!
What a lovely place to call home. Don't overdo it!! Happy Easter.
Thank you for showing us your beautiful house!!
Happy Easter and happy painting!
What a lovely home! I can just imagine the pleasure of sitting out in your veranda!
Post a Comment