April 14, 2010

Our next trip

Sitting Bull Lakota

Digital collage


Some weeks ago I made this collage and I have not posted it yet.

In a way it seems the right moment now, because we are once again making preparations for our USA-II trip.

This year (next month if all goes well) we intend to cross the country from Montana to the state of NY. I spend lots of time searching the internet for places that might be interesting to visit, in the field of (fiber) art, technical (hubby) and shopping of course. There are three options, the first from Billings to Duluth (Minnesota) and then all the way up along the Great Lakes and mainly through Canada until Buffalo NY. The second is across Minnesota and Wisconsin between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan into this state and then again between Lake Erie and Lake Huron until Buffalo. And finally the last one (which is my favorite at the moment) southbound via South Dakota, Illinois (Chicago) and then Michigan and/or Indiana/ Ohio (Amish settlements).
Our motorhome was stored in Billings during the winter, the batteries have been charged and after some dewinterizing we are ready to go, I look so forward to this voyage.
Like last year we expect to see lots of interesting places referring Native American history and I hope to be able to make many pictures for my blog and my collages.
I wonder if any of my blogreaders has some good tips for us. If so, I would love to hear from you, please don't hesitate, all information about fiber art, oldsmobile shows, great craft festivals etc. in the areas I mentioned is more than welcome...
Thanks for visiting today!
Regina

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

this sounds like a fabulous trip! you will be just north of me in Montana.. and if I think of something I will tip you off! have a great time! and SAFE travels! xx's

Blog Widget by LinkWithin