The more I focus, the more I see!
So it is time to continue my series of blogposts on the circle, on dots and also spirals. Not necessarily in the mathematical sense, but the circle as a design element. It all started for me with reading this book. Though this post might be too urban for the esthetical aspect of the circle, I think the design in itself has to do more than being esthetical. In my opinion design is about functionality also, which is clearly visible in the following pictures.
and this manhole coverWe saw this one in Banff (Alberta, Canada) last year and I was thrilled by its beauty!
There is a lot of information about manhole covers on the web, just google the word and the most beautiful examples show up. On this blog you can find pictures of very artful Japanese manholes!
These are the huge wheels of the biggest truck in the world that we saw in Sparwood (British Columbia Canada) Image is clickable so you get an idea of its dimensions.
logo's are often made in a circular form
and the circular pavement around a tree is quite common in the urban worldI could, again, go on and on with this, there is so very much to see around, wherever you may be in this world!
But now it's time to prepare our vacation that will start in one week, only one week and so much to do...
Have a great weekend and thank you for visiting today!
Regina

2 comments:
I love circles and dots too.. and I have that book and love all the elements in it.. and I also liked all the Japanese manhole covers-- when I go next time I am going to look for them.
your circles and dots are wonderful. I am so glad you are going to be leaving for your vacation. you so need the break! I know it will be a good trip.
Post a Comment