While we are in Indiana at the moment, I do want to repost with our visit to this beautiful canyon in Montana. We had some time to bridge and didn't want to stay in the city any longer, so we went 'into the wild'. The two of us are real fond of everything nature, so this canyon was a must for us. It turned out to be quite different from our former canyon experience, for in this canyon a huge dam has been built and so the canyon itself was full of water from the Bighorn river. It was all about fishing there!! And we are only fish-eat-lovers! Yet those days were so fantastic, hardly anybody on the campground, primitive, nothing to do (always anything to do with me). I even managed to make some collages...
this is the canyon at Bighorn Lake, seen from the boatramp. Click the picture if you want to see details.
Bighorn Lake
Bighorn Canyon from a distance. It was still pretty cold out there!Charles Lindbergh
original collage 4 x 4"
Montana series #2
Lindbergh seems to have spent quite some time in Billings, as I read in one of the tourist brochures, so I made a small collage of this information, mainly because I got inspired by the colours

and this very old rusty pickup had some weathered exterior that was quite artistic, click it!

and this very old rusty pickup had some weathered exterior that was quite artistic, click it!
We have by now traveled through North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and I have tons of delicious pictures. At some point I will be able to show them, or my digital collages that I intend to make from them. Now we are going to BBQ, for the weather is delicious and we have everything 'on board' for it.
Tomorrow we are going to travel the Amish Country and Craft Scenic Byway. As someone who has had a huge fascination for the Amish for a long time, I look forward to that very much.
Oh, and I have developed some new loves: one is for old weathered red barns and one for the call of the loon, both so intriguing and wonderful!
Thanks for visiting today!
Regina

1 comment:
So gorgeous! WOW-thank you for showing us.
Post a Comment