August 3, 2010

Art in airports

Copper inlay sealife figure
at Miami International Airport
photo exhibit in black and white at MIA of Miami's beachlife
in early 20th century.
detail of a mural at Denver Int'l Airport
Over time I have developed a special sense of finding art and/or beauty on my way. This can be while traveling on the road, but also in places like airports and coffeeshops.

So at the very first day of our recent trip, I rediscovered these copper sea life fantasy inlays at Miami international airport. Some time ago I wrote about these on my blogs and though I was at this airport afterwards I never succeeded in finding them again. However, this was my lucky day, for all of a sudden I found myself walking over them. A feeling of pure happiness came over me, for there seemed to me thousands of different motives of these and I made many many pictures. They will for certain appear on my blog in future digital collages. It is amazing that almost everybody walks over them without even noticing, or maybe they got so used to them that they don't see it as special.
Then there was a great photo exhibit in black and white of pictures from the beginning of the 20 th centure, depicting beachlife in Miami. Unfortunately I don't remember the photographer's name and googling did not help me either.
At the end of our first day we arrived at Denver's airport and there was a beautiful and very colorful mural of which I show a detail. I think it was near the luggage belt. All in all I had a very good start this year!
As always: thanks for visiting, grtz Regina

1 comment:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I think the key to traveling is the eyes wide open...really looking! You must have a treasure of photos! Glad it was such a fun trip and that you are safe at home!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin