When the girls were about to return to Holland, I felt the need to supply them with some real island treasures...
these pieces of driftwood and seagrape burl had been sitting in a basket on the veranda for quite some time, waiting to be crafted into something, not sure what at the time of gathering, but their final destination became clear to me in a creative outburst, the first one after my vacation in the States!
I simply knotted the pieces with some shells into a hanging ornament
made some little cards of places on the island I knew they hadspent many lazy or active vacation hours
and finished it into this (2x), an instant reminder back home to a great summervaction on our island...Thanks for visiting, take care!
Regina
2 comments:
what a great idea-- to use these wonderful driftwood shapes and add the names that will always be reminders of your visit and memories.
Such a good idea...right from the heart and they will enjoy all winter!
Post a Comment