October 10, 2010

A country house on Curacao

This week we spent a few days on the isle of Curacao for a celebration and between the various parts I had some time for visiting an exhibit in one of the old country houses. Upon entering the venue, I was quite surprised of the beauty of the place, the soft light entering through the arched porch windows and the shadowy, tropical garden.

Country house Bloemhof
entrance of the gallery
the porch's roof, centuries old, so beautiful!

this wall was my favorite,
you can click it for a detailed look

click

the exhibit itself was not too great, I am sorry to say. But I was happy to have paid a visit, for the building alone was so worth it.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Regina

2 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I clicked on the walls and you're right...beautiful and the same for the roof or ceiling. A true experience finding such a beautiful place.

ELFI said...

cette paroi me plait aussi!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin