December 7, 2010

My sewing machine and I...

are best friends!
This has been so already from when I was 15 yrs young and owned my first Singer.
Though I neglect my machine sometimes for a short period because there are so many other passions within me, I could not live (me think ;-) ) without this favorite tool.
And as always, shortly before I will miss it for some time because of traveling and I come to realize that, I get the spirit and start sewing like crazy. Just like today!
I got up early, simply started and by now I have made 5 of the fabric baskets that are on the pictures.

the ocean themed fabric hads been laying around for some time and I decided to start my basket tryout with these. The lining is a pretty flower cotton I bought online at Pink Chalk Fabrics and this lightly red/pink colour gives the baskets just the little warmer feel that I was looking for

the one with the turquoise lining was too thick at the side seams to stitch by machine, too many layers also, so I hand-slipstitched it in the meantime and it too looks neat now.
The fabric mountain that is left will allow me to make lots more, it could be another addiction, oh boy...

Hope you all have a very creative day too!

Bye, Regina

3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

beautiful! wish I could make friends with a machine, but it seems hand stitching is more my speed!

jgr said...

Regina, your fabric baskets are wonderful . . . very unique, too!

Rayna said...

These are charming, Regina - I wish I could sew!
LOL. Really.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin