December 1, 2010

Today was for shopping

and this was what I saw when I left our street...
Rumor has it that the farmer that once owned this land, when the valley was mainly consisting of agricultural terrain, refuses to keep his cattle in a fenced meadow. So now we see them wandering, sometimes on the main road, sometimes outside our property. Sint Maarten really is a weird mixture of high-end development and undeveloped country!
this is also clearly visible in the little streets of the French side's capital: Marigot
Very fashionable boutiques with the latest clothes from the catwalk in Paris, almost side by side with this kind of building. Shopping in Marigot: o la la!

this is my favorite, I love the stylish yet functional ironwork

the guy in the black shirt is selling tropical fruits from the back of his truck, he seems to do good business

dinghies in the marina,waiting for their owners to bring them back to the boats and catamarans after a day of shopping
Thank you for coming along with my shopping tour in Marigot,
Regina

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin