Well, it is Friday already and as usual the week has passed by so quickly!
I want to make it a good habbit to focus on the good and positive things that happened, so as to counterbalance the negative messages we hear so very often.
For me good things this week were:
- resuming my body balance classes. BB as you may know, consists of some Tai Chi as warming up, a fair 'portion' of Hatha yoga and Pilates exercises for the core somewhere in the middle, and the lessons end with a 10 min relaxation/meditation. The exercises are done with beautiful music, like e.g. there is White Flag form Dido and New York sung by Alicia Keys, there are lots of BB videos on Youtube
- spending time again in my studio. I made frames (passe partouts) for some 25 collages, many of which I have been showing on this blog over the past months, the travel series included. In a few weeks it will be Art in the Park again and I will offer these for sale, which is a bit scary I must say, so any experience/advice you may have is welcome...
- I started a new art quilt in red-brown-stone colours mainly. It is too early to show pictures, yet for me it definitely is a positive development to have started sewing again!
- it was the most beautiful Full Moon that we witnessed shining over the ocean, it once again felt like a present...
-and last but not least: hearing Ajan Farah singing at my favorite beach bar Karakter. Like me Ajan is Dutch and we both have been living on this island for some 5 years. I had been told a long time ago that she had a wonderful voice, but she recently decided to follow her heart and pick up again her singing career, and that is very BRAVE. The youtube video below shows very attractive shots of our island in the sun, I hope you enjoy Ajan singing: Where I Stood!
Thank you Ajan and Serge (he is her manager, husband and assists with all kind of technical issues) for giving this to us
1 comment:
WOW! She has a great voice, and the photos are gorgeous too. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Happy weekend!
Post a Comment