(clickable image)
this drumband mainly played 'Djembe' drums
(clickable image)
it was so great and contageous
to see these kids playing their instruments!
I love the braids of this drumming young lady
Five times I have been participating in Art in the Park, last Sunday being the most recent.
The event is getting bigger and nicer every year!! Thanks to the initiative of a wonderful lady from Boston that lives here half of the year, artists from both sides of the island have a chance to exhibit, to show their passion and evt. sell their work. More important: the people of St. Maarten/St. Martin, temporary visitors included, have an opportunity to spend a lovely day in our one and only pure and natural site: the Emilio Wilson Park, located in the Cul de Sac valley at the very centre of the island and purchase art that really is especial
Barbara (the organizing lady) usually hires an old fashioned string band and they really bring in more joy and excitement, but this time they were too busy and an alternative was found in two drumbands, Caribbean style! Ah, the feeling coming over me when I first heard them
(I am a longtime lover of drumbands, especially the swinging ones... when I was 5 yrs young I got lost in Amsterdam one day, going after the music, so the story goes)!!
My collages were welcomed and appreciated by many visitors, I had some good sales on both this work and my quilted panels. No need to choose between paper and fabric, people just look at what they think interesting and like, that's my experience.
And people are interested in the story behind the work, so after this day of talking/listening/showing/explaining and enjoying,
the lasting impression for me is:
Go on, just do it, follow your heart!!
Thanks for visiting today,
Regina
Barbara (the organizing lady) usually hires an old fashioned string band and they really bring in more joy and excitement, but this time they were too busy and an alternative was found in two drumbands, Caribbean style! Ah, the feeling coming over me when I first heard them
(I am a longtime lover of drumbands, especially the swinging ones... when I was 5 yrs young I got lost in Amsterdam one day, going after the music, so the story goes)!!
My collages were welcomed and appreciated by many visitors, I had some good sales on both this work and my quilted panels. No need to choose between paper and fabric, people just look at what they think interesting and like, that's my experience.
And people are interested in the story behind the work, so after this day of talking/listening/showing/explaining and enjoying,
the lasting impression for me is:
Go on, just do it, follow your heart!!
Thanks for visiting today,
Regina

1 comment:
congratulations on your show, it looks like it was wonderful and festive too! I used to play the djembe years ago, and I loved the tone and power!! beautiful photos!!
Post a Comment