February 22, 2011

Nested in...

The Lowlands of St. Martin
original collage
recycled tourist brochure
sxm series #4
In case you wonder about the name of this collage, I will try to explain.
Once the collage was almost done, I stamped the two lizzards with acrylic bronze paint. They seemed appropriate to me with regard to the color of the images at first, and afterwards I paid more attention to the text that reads (click) ' Nested in the Lowlands of St. Maarten'. The lowlands is a beautyful part of the island that is situated mostly on the French part (Terres Basses) and yes, like everywhere else on the island, these lizzards might have nested there, as there seems to be an abundance of these useful creatures here. The atmosphere of the collage resembles our Lowlands somewhat, so there everything comes together: that is one thing I find so very intriguing of making collages.
Thanks for coming by today!
Regina

3 comments:

jgr said...

This is beautiful! and I like the lizard stamp and the connection.

Ronald said...

Nice one!

Regina Piroska (Gina) said...

they are all lovely .... very nice work >>> Gina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin