April 19, 2011

Trip around the island

Sometimes we do just that: driving around and see what's up.


This is the very dramatic Cupecoy beach. A lovely beach, which is continuously threatened by project developers...


Cotton plants galore along the dirt road that leads to this beach


(clickable image)


Coconut with fungus; I see a lot of these trees that are infected. Still I like the effect!

On another note: my translation series is slowly progressing. I hope to finish nr. 4, 5 and 6 by the end of this week. My days are furthermore filled with walking on the beach, body balance class two times per week, learning Spanish, reading (just finished Handle with Care by Jody Picoult, great book!), well that's about it. Even without a paid job days are too short ;-)

Thanks for visiting! (ps. like everybody Ilove comments...)

3 comments:

Ronald said...

Oh yeah, just driving around can be exciting sometimes, did that on my motorbike too last Sunday. And about learning spanish, i'll try to write some more comments in English so i'am a little bit more prepared for my next job where English will be the official language!

Bye!

Mostly Turquoise said...

Muy bien hijo!

Parabolic Muse said...

I've heard of Capecoy Beach but have never even had a pictorial glimpse of it! These shots are lovely. It's sad that people want to make money off it by developing.

Have great fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin