November 24, 2011

Tropical Thursday

Since some time I have the tradition of posting a weekly storyboard on Facebook that's called



Tropical Thursday



With the help of Photoshop and one of the storyboard actions of The Coffeeshop, I show typical tropical images, details of all kind of things that are unmistakebly tropical.


I have wanted to do this same on blogger, but somehow it does not do justice to these storyboards like in Facebook. Then I came up with an alternative: from today on I will show the original pictures here on my blog every Thursday, so then I expect there's is something for everyone. Also I will provide some more background information of where the images were made (note: I'am no representative of any tourist promotion organization ;-))



Downtown Philipsburg (the Dutch part of the island) is a lovely place, where you can have a drink, lunch or whatever after your shopping spree! It has a secluded terrace that is shaded by a huge almond tree. A big netting has been fixed to prevent the almonds to fall into your drink (or on your head)
Can you imagine I love this place, seeing all the colours?



The pink fretwork is called gingerbread,you can see it all over the island. And, eh, yes, that's the name of the place!

I hope you like the start of this new series. Your comment will be highly appreciated...

Enjoy the day,
Regina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had been there..wonderfull thought about that moment there!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin