December 18, 2011

Christmas in our house

The branch that is hanging on the old orchard ladder below, is from one of our coconut trees.


Rather than buying a real christmas tree that has been transported to our island in an airconditioned container, I like to use what is on hand... going green




I had some gold spray paint lying around and used it to beautify the branches, bring them in
a sparkling Christmas atmosphere...

after some seven years it still feels a bit uncomfortable to celebrate Christmas here. Winter, with all its unconvenience, is imprinted in my genes, I think. Therefore, just a little decoration


here and there



Christmas in a tropical climate: different, yet very festive; slowly I am getting in the mood. Looking forward for the arrival of our eldest son and our daughter.


So happy with the light, the abundance of light. From the sun, from within...




I hope you enjoy these days approaching Christmas


Grtz, Regina



5 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Happy Holidays Regina to you and your family!

Kelly M. said...

So lovely, Regina! Wishing you and your family a peace-filled holiday season from icy-cold New England -- send a little sun and warmth our way, if you have a chance!

Martha Marshall said...

Your decorations are beautiful and just the right touch for a tropical Christmas. We lived in Florida for many years, and I never got used to warm (and sometimes hot!) Christmases since I came from a place with real seasons.

Thanks so much for saying hello on my blog. Enjoy your holidays!

Rayna said...

Regien - love to you both in this Christmas season, leading to a year of new beginnings, health, and happiness.

I know what you mean about celebrating the holidays in a warm climate - it always feels silly to see Christmas decorations when I am in Florida at this time of year.

Weather is moderate here in NJ (oh, joy) and we are hoping it stays bright and clear for a while.
love,
Rayna

P.S. - I will keep you posted on my European teaching schedule for 2013 when it is nailed down.

Mostly Turquoise said...

Happy holidays to all of you, ladies!!
Regina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin