my experimenting this week did not bring much pleasure until now, I can tell. But because I showed the start, I found enough courage to show the work as it is now. Ugly! After I toned down the yellow I was trying to get a greenish-yellow for the centre part. Of course I could have looked for a piece of fabric in that colour in my stash, but it had to be possible to achieve this so wanted colour via acrylics. So, I mixed white, blue-grey and just one drop of Peynes Grey acrylic paint and covered the centre part with it: oh, the whole peace looked dead boring!! I let it dry overnight and tried to look at it with 'fresh' eyes: I then saw that I had to leave the idea of greenish-yellow behind and maybe should now focus on similar values as the border to the right... a mixture of several blues followed with the above results. In the meantime the work is getting stiffer, but I don't mind that at all, just had to cover the unpainted areas with matte gel medium once again to catch up with the amount of stiffnes. You can still see the underlying colours shining through, but hey: I'm not finished yet...There is some red/orange part that now seems to stand very alone and does not make sense at all (anymore), so that likely has to go also. By now I am wondering why I did not simply take a canvas to start with, but at the same time I am determined to make this into something, at least, ok. To be continued...
2 comments:
You sound like you've had a week like mine! I finally feel like mine is getting closer to being done....sigh! Have a peek at my blog to see what I mean. Hang in there Regina it'll be worth the challenge/struggle!
Ahhh, I love this! The colors are subtle, perhaps more than you wanted, but it is still awesome! And I love your banner -- lovely!
Post a Comment