January 31, 2012

Finishing...

... this one. Designed and started a few months ago, then set aside when I did not know how to proceed


because I wanted slightly more red/pink in this area, it provided an opportunity to practice French knots, I love to make these now... will need to buy a lot more embroidery yarn in the States next summer, before going back to a euro country...


the ocre fabric I have used in several art quilts by now, I love the text, the fabric has an overall grafiti look and is easy to use since it does not fray. Initially I had it sewn into three pieces of garment, but then decided that it was even better in artwork, so went recycling again!

The work is almost finished now, I just have to satin stitch the edges and voila: my latest work, just in time for Art in the Park, February 12. Next week will be used for preparing everything, making some new business cards and several other chores. As always: thanks for visiting!

Regina






4 comments:

els said...

Weer een prachtig werkstuk Regina. Hoe groot is het?

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I hope you take photos of the event on Feb 12th!

Mostly Turquoise said...

@Mary Ann: I will !

Carole Reid said...

Lots of photos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin