Do you remember this work? you can read the story here:http://mostlyturquoise.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge.html
the finished work has some yummie details and in fact I knew how to continue when I found back this picture of an unknown photographer that I've had in my stash since ages. You may know that I have a 'fling' with all things Indian and one of the ways this comes to the surface, is my love of cooking Indian food. And if that's not possible, then at least eating these delicious dishes. So that's when I got triggered in this direction...
one of the borders was a black/neutral stripe. Since the integrated food picture was a golden curry like colour, and since I always like a bit of sparkle in my work, I covered the white parts of the striped fabric with tiny gold lame patches by fusing
some parts of the fabric got a tiny apply of blue-grey acrylic to add some depth
and this is the result! In the end this self imposed challenge turned out to my satisfaction, I am happy with how it is now.This way of working, of changing ufo's into a finished work of art, is quite interesting! While you have to overcome quite some obstacles, the work changes and you really go with the flow of the work. I thing I stick to this method some longer...
Thanks for visiting my blog today and eh.... I love reading your comment!
Regina
6 comments:
Zo mooi om het uiteindelijke resultaat te zien en hoe je er tenslotte weer iets heel bizonders van hebt gemaakt.
WOW, you did it and it turned out to be a spectacular piece of work! I'm still stuck on mine but know it will all work out. No worries. Be happy.
@ Els: en wat het voor mij het mooiste maakt is het gevoel iets gemaakt te hebben waar ik blij van wordt... Dank je Els voor je compliment!
@Carole: I really think the food pulled me 'out'! And in hindsight Marley has more to offer, I need to listen to his music even more than I do now, on this island! Thanks so much for your comment.
Gorgeous!! And I love that song, too. :-)
stunning!
Thank you Jane and Kelly!
Post a Comment