A few days a week there is a tourist market as wel close to the food stalls. Like at so many places elsewhere, jewelry is very popular. This is something that strikes me also at art festivals. Artists almost starve (if they have to make a living of their work), but jewelry is most important! In this case I doubt if there is any local jewelry artist involved, the goods are probably being made in and imported from the Philippines
now this is the real stuff: delicious herbs and other stuff from our region in beautiful 'sacs'. You sometimes still can see ladies wearing dresses of these fabrics
just a Caribbean building in the center of Marigot
these ladies are looking at something 'exciting', I absolutely did not get it at that moment. Must have been something local...
At noon all businesses close for lunch: this lovely restaurant serves a Caribbean menu and you can enjoy a wonderful view on Marigot Bay with all the catamarans and yachts.
now this is the real stuff: delicious herbs and other stuff from our region in beautiful 'sacs'. You sometimes still can see ladies wearing dresses of these fabrics
just a Caribbean building in the center of Marigot
these ladies are looking at something 'exciting', I absolutely did not get it at that moment. Must have been something local...
At noon all businesses close for lunch: this lovely restaurant serves a Caribbean menu and you can enjoy a wonderful view on Marigot Bay with all the catamarans and yachts.Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoye this little trip to the market!
Regina
2 comments:
I always love your little trips around the island!
We had a mild, snowless winter (except for the disastrous one in October) but it is still wonderful to see the plants coming up...even early. We've been warned not to plant anything new because we could still have a frost, but it doesn't seem likely. At least, I hope not.
Teaching in Lugano, Switzerland in Oct. 2013.
Say hi to Henry for me.
Thanks for the market day tour! The photos are great...especially the beautiful water!
Post a Comment