picture: Hank Shaw
Some weeks ago, my sister in law and I were grocery shopping in one of the big supermarkets on the island. Because she is living on another island she admired all kinds of food she did not know and this is how we discovered little white fishes in the freezer department, named Smelts or Boquerones.
I was thinking: boquerones?? spanish?? could this be ansjovis, or sardine?
We both bought about a pound and once at home I immediately looked up the word boquerone. A wealth of recipes appeared! This week, as I am emptying the freezer because our long absence that is due, I rediscovered them and gave it a try with this recipe. It requires just a few ingredients, is easy, one only needs some time before they are ready to enjoy, but already now this is a favorite of us.
We are looking forward for more tapas of course and with my new Spanish cookbook that is guaranteed, but this one is our
No. 1!

3 comments:
it seems you are on some wonderful trips and times....love the look of this dish ... yum
do enjoy and travel safely >>> Gina
looks delish, have safe travel!
Thanks ladies!
Post a Comment