This collage was made by me last week. I started with the piece of paper that contained the man, looking (at some far away distance?) Full of thought, it seems to me, full of melancholic feelings maybe... Anyhow, that's how the collage started. Then came the door, no words necessary to describe these, their beauty is obvious, yes I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but still...
The partial circular mosaic got a place too, here it was the tender colour, combined with the motives and material that made me choose this part.And then I finished it with some text and it is so funny while making this work, I noticed that even the text fragment seems to fit into the whole: son savoir?, plaisir a ses...?, did these thoughts evoke the melancholy in his eyes?
On the village square of our little Spanish village, right in front of the cathedral with also has these big impressive doors, a group of old men is gathering every day. When I pass them, they are always talking in a lively way, talking about 'their world' I assume. In my fantasy they have been sitting on the benches year after year, at least since they did not have to work anymore. Next time I will pay attention to the look in their eyes, but I do not expect much melancholy here, cause after these two months here, I have come to know the people as practical, of a no nonsense kind of friendliness...
talking about influences...
Influences 3
collage, 7.5 x 11"
recycled magazine on paper, glued and varnished
Have a great pre X-mas weekend!
Regina

No comments:
Post a Comment