November 23, 2013

Vintage find

 
Finally something textile related...
 
Yesterday I went to the local charity shop. They were busy closing the shop, but I could have a quick  look nevertheless...
 
My eyes found a stand with scarves, on which this beauty was hanging
 
 
Not necessary to beg me: "take me home!", for I fell in love with every little detail ...
the colours, the design (must have to do something with the patches, don't you think?)
I suddenly remember seeing this kind of long rows of stitches in the early textile works of Kit Vincent...so there is a link with quilts somewhere! By now I also know that this surface treatment (or quilting two layers with long regular stitches without a batting in between is called Kanta work and originates from India
 
 
The stitches in long rows seem to layer a kind of haze on the fabrics, that also unifies the separate colours
 
 
And now, for 1 euro only, she is mine...and I am so happy with this new addition to my wardrobe!
 
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!
 
Regina
 
 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin