October 27, 2015

Red cabbage

Oh please, let me write a new post before it will be over a year once more..!
 
We have had a busy period here in coastal Spain. Our three children visited us at the same time for the first time since long ago. We hosted a birthday party, which of course involved pretty much planning and organizing, but was very worth the effort!
 
In the meantime I finished a new painting that will be hung in the gallery part of the club we attend, so that was about what was keeping me offline the past few weeks.
 
Oh, and I seriously restarted my personal fitness program, that consists of three times a week a long walk (both flat and hilly roads) and yogaclasses. The latter I practised some 30 yrs ago and boy can one notice that.. After some weeks of this new regimen I felt the need to add some corework to that, so I pumped up my fitness ball and started with that too. All this fitness business should (at least) lead to a lower blood pressure without medicine and the first signs show that it works
 
 
 
This picture is composed of one with a gorgeous red cabbage that I shot at a farmers market in this same autumn period last year. I layered it with a photograph of a billboard of said farmers market, which is called  'Mercat de la Terra' in Valencian.
And because my next painting will be about Van Gogh's style I put a filter over it in dry brush strokes in Photoshop.
 
Next time I will show my just finished painting, I want to wait until it is hung you see...
 
Thanks for your visit, your patience and friendship,
 
Regina

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Love what you did with this photo!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Love this 'red cabbage'...so playful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin