Hi there!
This is one of the paintings I made last year, I'm not sure if I showed it on this blog already
Anyhow, today it is here because of some relation with my latest upcycling project:
the boots
these are the boots that I wrote about recently: old, worn but totally what I had been looking
for a long time, a pattern of the shaft (no, I am not making complete boots, sole including, Mary Ann, but they will be worn over a simple pair of brown boots)
it did not hurt to simply cut the upper part from the sole, after which I made a paper pattern
I would have liked to use an old kelim for the fabric part, but they are way too expensive to cut up for an experiment and moreover it was impossible to find one at the thrift store, haha...
But this piece of fabric (a kind of runner, or tablecloth?) made my heart sing, I could imagine this as a replacement for the kelim. I fused some wonderunder and let it cool down completely, after which I could easily take of the protecting paper. Then I ironed the cloth on a very stiff fabric I still had lying around from a former challenge and now one part of the two shafts is ready for embellishing with leather.
For that I have to use my old sewing machine, because it works better with the leather. Until now the project is going smoothly, but of course much is possible and some challenges will follow...
Btw: the very tiny white dots on the fabric are glitters. In one way this seems strange on this kind of paisley pattern, I mean it makes no sense at all, but nevertheless it looks nice and festive.
My tolearnce for this modest glittering may have to something to do with the aproaching days of Christmas, but we'll see if I can stand them later. At least I will have more experience for future projects. Think bags....
Will be continued, enjoy your Sunday, I am going to enjoy a drink on our X-massy veranda
Bye!
Regina




No comments:
Post a Comment