January 7, 2016

Arrrgh, I won't wear them...

 
 
Hi!
 
 
The year has started and like every new year I am glad that life has gone back to normal again!
 
We had a lovely, quiet Christmas and New Year and I did not make any promise to myself, nor did I choose a word to live after. By now I know that this is not necessary for me, in order to have a kind of guidance. I will do it just the way it comes...
 
 
First thing I have to announce is the failure of my bootcovers. Last Monday I have been working all day and hoped to finish them and when the moment was finally there, I eagerly put them over my boots. First they just slid over my feet and I realized that I needed to adjust them, so I took of the leather parts on the back and narrowed it down. When I considered them ready, I punt in some leather cord and tried once again. I was disappointed by the fit and like they are now there's no way I will ever wear them!
 
They look lovely, but not on my legs...
 
So I jumped to the conclusion that bootmaking is a bit too high for me (what was I thinking?) and I have to confess that one can not make everything one wants... after my first bah reaction that is all right for me and it is time to get back to other, more familiar materials, ha!
 
Yesterday I cleaned my studio and my work table is looking quite inviting to start with something.
This morning I started painting acrylics on paper, which are meant to make postcards later, after embellishing them further.No pictures yet, but today a lovely photo of some blue bowls I found on Pinterest.
Just for the beauty of them...
 
for they make my heart sing!
 
Thanks for reading,
Regina


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin