... is upcycling coasters!
These were coasters with a sturdy cork background, covered with very ugly, traditional Spanish images
Think bulls and fighting, think flamenco, think Madrid, just the kind of stuff that some people still think tourist want to take home (imho not)
but I saw possibilities and in my ongoing attempts to beautify my surrounding
I cut out some pages of my favorite magazines
and just glued them on the coasters, let them dry and
put some heavy books on them for some hours
I then brushed on a layer of matte laquer as a finish and now they are ready for drinks!
they have become very me, I think...
the circles, the beads, the black and white, the natural colours
so far crafting
On the more artistic field I am working on a new painting that has to do with rust! It is quite a challenge, again, but after a difficult start, I am beginning to believe it might work out...
Later, dear reader, later...
Regina



No comments:
Post a Comment