Hi!
Considering the success of our first trip, we went on a second motorhome vacation throughout France, Belgium and the Netherlands. I now finally have the energy and time to post again.
But this time I am not going to apologize, since this is my blog, my space to document my life and of course, if there is still someone out there (hello!) who reads it that would be great, but seeing all blogs rapidly making place for Instagram and who knows what else, I think it is only good of me to not give up..!
That being said, I revert to our holiday in Spain.Visiting the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao was certainly one of the highlights of our trip! Boy, what a building, what a fantastic design! The building itself would have been an absolute goal to travel to, but of course there was art inside...
When we visited this summer there were three exhibitions running: one was of Andy Warhol's prints, one of Louise Bourgeois (Cells, quite interesting) and The Paris School. We visited the last two exhibits. Beside that there was Richard Serra's permanent installation: The Matter of Time, consisting of several huge kind of labyrinths of Corten steel. These were absolutely stunning!
The pictures give only a slight impression of the splendor of this museum, I can recommend it to everybody should you have a chance...
by architect Frank Gehry
Guggenheim inside
ah, the construction of it all!
outside, just looking up
a model of Serra's work
look at the human at the right, the work was huge
patina at the inside of one of the installation's parts
Well, this was it, I am back at blogging at last and look forward to any comment.
Thanks for reading!
Regina








1 comment:
welcome back...I agree with you on making our blogs our own. Thank you for this lovely tour!
Post a Comment