After all summer traveling, my life on the Spanish Mediterranean coast has settled down to normal again. That means I have taken up singing in our club choir again, being active as a boardmember of same club, and above all:
PAINTING
detail, showing used technique
This time our suggested theme was: young animals and I chose not to paint the predictable dog or cat, but an animal that I feel strangely attracted to...
I love the colour of their skin, the wrinkles, their quiet and determined appearance, not showing any intent to hurry or being pushed by whatever
Initially I wanted to paint an fantasy type elephant, so I started by painting a multicoloured background. But somehow, since I work in a spontaneous way, the upper part of its body pretty much looked like a real one, so I then followed that path and here it is:
my young animal!
After two days in the club's gallery, there was a lady who wanted it so much and now it is
sold. I feel very lucky!
Wishing you a great weekend, wherever you are,
Regina



2 comments:
congratulations on your sale...beautiful colors!
Thank you so much, Mary Ann!
Post a Comment