Hello all,
Yesterday I learned a technique for designing an abstract painting. Normally I like to do my own thing, but I realized that by trying to exercise in this way, I could possibly widen my horizon.
Not that my horizon really wanted it...
I tried, and tried, but did not like the outcome at all! So it will stay at that point, that is a design and I have no intention to translate it into a painting.
After that attempt I looked up all my design books about painting and art quilts, I even looked back at old posts on this blog for that matter. And guess what?
Quite some time ago I designed and made a series of art quilts, based on this technique (see label quilts)
The translation into fabrics was quite challenging, but I made some lovely works that are still decorating my studio
After ripping magazine pictures and glueing them down, I filled the empty spaces with undiluted acrylics and added some marks in black.
Though I don't like pastels very much, I now think the resulting designs below are too boldly coloured. They have to be pushed away somewhat. But I can see some possibilities!
Tomorrow I am going to make me a viewfinder and have a closer look if I can translate one of these into an acrylic abstract work
Will keep you posted, promised.
Good night!
Regina


No comments:
Post a Comment