Playtime in the studio!
Though I am no expert at all, I thought it would be nice to give you a peek inside my digital collage 'kitchen'.
For the above digital collage I used the paper collage below.
This is clearly visible, isn't it?
The paper collage was made by me some years ago when we were living on a Caribbean island...
This paper collage speaks to me, because it embodies
some very specific Caribbean ingredients:
the ocean and sea, the coastal shores as can be seen while
sailing and from an airplane, and of course its colours
To change the paper one into the first, digital collage I layered it three times 'over itself' in PS; the second time I rotated the picture because I also wanted to have yellow in the lower right corner.
For each layer I changed the blending mode and when I was satisfied a boost filter and my 'signature' (turquoise native indian sign below right) were added.
For each layer I changed the blending mode and when I was satisfied a boost filter and my 'signature' (turquoise native indian sign below right) were added.
The digital one shows that layers add so much more depth than the with the paper one.
However, I must say I love them equally much...
Thanks for reading and yes,
if you liked this post I would love your comment
if you liked this post I would love your comment
Regina


1 comment:
Erg mooi Regina xx Loeki
Post a Comment