Sometimes I feel the need to make new clothes...
This time, with the heatwave we are experiencing here in Spain
it had to be something airy, so I designed a simple top
I hardly feel it when I wear it...
I knew there were some fabrics in the cupboard
Remnants of Japanese patchwork fabric (bottom), a panel from a once loved skirt
A fabric that a dear friend gave me years ago (the dots) and the silk fabric at the right side of the top that was part of a thriftstore find!
This is the thing I like so much, making something out of 'nothing'...
You see, it is no problem at all there are no fabric stores around our lovely coastal village
Thanks for reading, grtz
***
Regina



3 comments:
Thank you, Mary Ann!
How lucky for you that you know how to sew! Wish I could do the same. This must feel delicious in the heat!
Hi Rayna,
That was one of the great gifts my mother gave me: learning to sew clothes!
Both my sisters learnt it too, but gave up sewing as soon as they could afford store-bought fashion. I think I will keep making my own clothes, though. Thanks for commenting, grtz Regina
Post a Comment