Good Morning!
Now Pentecost weekend is over we can enjoy a relatively quiet period until the 'Moors and Christians' reenactments will take place in our village.
This revival of the historic war and fights between muslims and Christians is an annual event that is celebrated throughout Spain and in almost every Spanish town and village. Needless to say that it attracts lots of tourists and other visitors.
I will try to get back to these festivities in a future post, but today it it just Martes (Tuesday)!
The left picture is of a painting I made a couple of years ago. It is one of an ongoing series on the subject of New Mexico. Around this time 9 years ago we discovered a Roadtrek mobile home for sale through the internet from an old man in New Mexico.
We went to Santa Fe for a weekend (from St. Maarten!) where we met the owner and decided on buying it after we had spent a few exciting nights in it (among which one night in a Native American settlement near Santa Fe). We were totally content with the camper, and so we made the deal...
To celebrate, the lovely man took us for dinner to the casino in Santa Fe, where I saw a stunning painting like this in one of the corridors.
Most adobe houses in New Mexico are terra cotta - earth coloured and you sometimes have to look really well to discover them in the arid landscape. So my version of the houses is a little more 'me, eg. colourfull!
The second photograph is a detail of the woodish seedshells of our Jacaranda tree. Nothing to do with New Mexico, but I show it because at the moment it is showing its lovely purple-blue flowers. I just gather the woodish seedshells in autumn, put these in a bowl and let them show their beauty as is, at least I think they are beautiful!
This is it for today, my little story of the how and why. I hope you enjoyed it.
Have a great 'Martes',
Regina

No comments:
Post a Comment