September 2, 2008

Inspired by: Pods (seedboxes)


Hi,

Yesterday I took some pictures of these pods of the Flamboyant tree, which are in our garden in abundance at the moment. You can see the tree is this post. The pods are big and strong and they consist of a kind of woody material. I love the texture of the now empty pods en see a lot of possibilities for use in future work. Could be I make a stamp or stencil of it, or just use them by rubbing over crayons, could be fabric or paper. Aah, the possibilities.....

Gisteren heb ik een paar foto's gemaakt van deze peulen van de Flamboyantboom, die op het ogenblik in overvloed in onze tuin liggen. Je kunt de boom zien in dit bericht. De zaaddozen zijn groot en stevig en het materiaal is houtachtig. Ik hou van de textuur van de nu lege peulen en zie allerlei mogelijkheden om te gebruiken in toekomstig werk. Misschien maak ik er een stempel of stencil van, of gebruik ik ze om krijt over te wrijven, kan zijn dat ik ze gebruik voor mijn stoffen of voor papierwerk. Zoveel mogelijkheden.....

2 comments:

Seth said...

Love the texture on these pods!

Rayna said...

Hi Regina,

Your pods are much nicer than mine, which I think are mimosa pods. Mine are curly and not as large. I have never seen any like yours, they are wonderful!! Lucky you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin