


Last week I carved a stamp, inspired by these Lotus pods. I was lucky to find the dried pods in a homedeco shop on the island, as the Lotus flower does not grow in the Caribbean.I made a few pages using this stamp; although I like them, the stamp does not show clearly (enough). Design is an area I need to explore a lot more, obviously!
This picture of a Lotus flower I found on Flickr, you can see the basic form of the future pod already.
Like most pods they are very decorative, just lying in a dish..
Vorige week heb ik een stempel gesneden, de inspiratie was een Lotus zaaddoos. Ik bofte dat ik de gedroogde zaaddozen in een interieurwinkel op het eiland vond, want in het Caraibisch gebied komt de lotusbloem niet voor.
Een paar bladzijden waarop ik de stempel heb gebruikt; hoewel ik ze leuk vind, komt de stempel niet (genoeg) tot zijn recht. Qua ontwerp valt er nog veel te leren voor mij, dat is duidelijk!
Deze foto van een Lotusbloem vond ik op Flickr, je kunt de basisvorm van de toekomstige zaaddoos al zien.
Zoals de meeste zaaddozen zijn ze zeer decoratief, al liggen ze gewoon maar in een schaal..
1 comment:
I love those pods too! We were visiting the Botanical gardens in Atlanta on Sunday and some of the water lilies had similar pods. Amazing, aren't they!
Post a Comment