February 6, 2009

How it can start...

And here I am again, back on this beautiful tropical island.
Coming from my home country full of shopping centres and lovely cities, with endless possibilities of buying, exhibitions and culture, I had some trouble in the very beginning to find my art materials and inspiration here. The lack of opportunities to view art other than painting is what bothered me most. As an artist I am always on the lookout to make my surroundings more beautiful, and though I know that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, this need to create has to get out, be met with!
But over time I have come to even appreciate this 'scarcety'
Because it can happen:
that I once again find inspiration in this old cherished Peruvian (I think) bowl

dig in my fabric stash and
find some used, but almost new curtains I once received from a friend

combine it with this tablecloth I could not resist to purchase just for the fabric
(I felt so happy that day!)

and create them in something like this...


Have a wonderful weekend you all !

2 comments:

Leah said...

how awesome! I loved following your trail from inspiration to product. the pillow is gorgeous!

ArtPropelled said...

Great images and I love the cushion. I've enjoyed browsing through your blog, Regina.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin